Sooo yeah. It’s 4:45 in the am here in Cali. Didn’t bother sleeping before my flight…as usual. Need to load the van with our nine pieces of luggage. Two contain clothes and such for my mom and I. One contains clothes and items to give away. Another one is food for the volunteers with supplies…and the rest? ALL supplies.
Currently downloading The Descendants, Abduction, and Super 8 to my iPod.
Wondering…WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SIGN UP FOR?!?
Let’s list it!
- Shedding at least 5lbs of water weight in the scorching heat of Bangui, Central African Republic
- Crying at least 5x a day from seeing sick men, women, and children
- Fighting the urge to adopt a child
- A life changing experience
- Getting a chance to truly save lives (I mean I won’t be saving any lives but I’ll be helping!!)
- A chance to see what this 23…soon to be 24 y.o. is made of!
Well that’s really all I have time for because I need to change, throw on some makeup so I don’t scare ppl at the airport, grab some food, and throw in all those last minute chargers!
Hopefully I’ll find some internet access while there. If not…see you all in 2 weeks!!
P.S. You can still donate!! Check out my Crowdrise page for deets!